ZUUUM & CSC
Driving Business and the Chicago Cycling Scene
Some of the most important Chicagoans to get to know can be found on two wheels.
ZUUUM is a new cycling league for Chicago's amateur riders who want to ride with riders of the same level in friendly competition. ZUUUM stages level-playing-field, code-of-conduct driven events for people that love cycling.
ZUUUM is also a new club format to bring riders together for fun and friendship. Region by region ZUUUM will give riders new opportunities to socialize, make connections, and get more from cycling then ever before.
We see great things are possible in Chicago. Working together, CSC and ZUUUM can:
- Produce and publicize the hottest riding cycling format in the Mid-west
- Create the "Place To Be" for the cycling minded to meet, ride, race and establish new relationships, and
- Drive unique engagement opportunities for CSC members with meetups and race-side "pop up" venues for unparalleled interaction over common passions for cycling
- Friendly competitive cycling, just like local softball leagues but on bikes
- A full season of cycling interaction delivering fun and excitement
- A social platform offering people opportunities to make friends, connect and build relationships
- A buzz, an attention-getting conversation and an important answer to "what's new in cycling?" for influentials on two wheels
ZUUUM proposes to work closely with CSC beginning July 2013 to create "ZUUUM Chicago 2014". CSC will enjoy unique privileges offering CSC members preferred and custom-tailored access to influentials that make cycling their passion.
Making Chicago Cycling More Exciting
- ZUUUM fosters connections and camaraderie. ZUUUM will work to get people of like minds together for spirited competition and engaging conversation.
- ZUUUM believes in power. ZUUUM takes full advantage of low cost power meters to organize riders into groups of similar capabilities. This makes ZUUUM fun for riders of all riding levels.
Rating and Ranking
- ZUUUM knows riders want to do more in cycling without having to train 10-plus hours per week. Rating and ranking places riders into brackets for level-playing-field fun.
Season Long Race League Format
- ZUUUM cycling is a season-long series of get togethers, clinics, training, rides and supervised races. It is riding fun and multiple social opportunities to make connections.
February and March Meetups
- ZUUUM Chicago 2014 will kickoff with meetings held in great Chicago area venues providing the setting for camaraderie and socialization. These meetups will detail the ZUUUM season ahead, how power helps cyclists enjoy the sport more, and how to prepare awaiting spring's warmer weather.
- Two to four meetups in February and March.
April and May Warmups
- ZUUUM Chicago 2014 will start the outdoor action with clinics full of training tips, ride and race instruction and skills riding sessions showing the right etiquette, technique and approach to ride and race correctly for safety and for a shot at the podium.
- Two to four warmups in April and May.
June through August League
- The 2014 ZUUUM Chicago league will kick off in June and run through August. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each bracket will have their picture taken on the podium, earn points for season standing, and collect ZUUUM reward dollars for cycling products and services usable at local bike shop partners.
- Four to ten rides and races from May to August in 2014 depending on site and resource availability.
September ZUUUM Chicago League Championships
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers will be anointed ZUUUM Chicago 2014 Season Gold, Silver and Bronze champions. "Power Performer" awards will be provided to the cyclists delivering the best three finishes during the season.
October ZUUUM National Championships Philadelphia
- The six best ZUUUM Chicago cyclists from each bracket will be invited to the 2nd Annual ZUUUM National Championships in Philadelphia in October.
Year-long Pavilion Get Togethers and "Like Minds" Conversations
- ZUUUM will offer ZUUUM members hosted get togethers for easy and attractive socialization. These sessions will have a combination of free time and special speakers commenting on "Like Minds" topics relevant narrative on current events.
- These opportunities will occur throughout the year mixed between purely social settings (i.e. bars and restaurants) and next-to-the-action settings (i.e. tents, roped-off areas and pavilions).
- One to two per month depending on scheduling and resources.
Fitting ZUUUM Cycling to CSC Goals & Objectives
To drive more value and increase benefit for CSC membership, ZUUUM proposes ZUUUM Chicago be formed working closely with CSC. We believe special value can be created uniquely for CSC member companies that market to influentials in the Chicago area. This value can take the form of a 'local markets program' and be tied to a given level of CSC membership.
The CITY Marketing Program from ZUUUM and CSC - ZUUUM Chicago members that come to ZUUUM from leadership positions in the Chicago area will ride and race with all other ZUUUMers but be identified as VIPs and placed in "ZUUUM ride groups" as part of ZUUUM's Like Minds philosophy. Different riding groups will be offered tailored benefits and hosted in different red/green/blue carpet areas, venues, pavilions and meeting rooms. This is a take on "clubs within a club" concept to put people with common interests together for easy and beneficial socializing. Depending on the objectives of CSC members, CSC and ZUUUM can use the ZUUUM database to tailor the CITY marketing program to deliver value from CSC and ZUUUM. Naturally CSC and ZUUUM will deploy closed loop measurement to report on results delivered to CSC members via the CITY Marketing Program.
Keeping it Simple
ZUUUM will manage the ZUUUM Chicago league "soup-to-nuts". ZUUUM will coordinate all logistics, stage all events, handle all customer service, interface with parks and recreation departments, provide all event insurance and arrange all needed support from local public safety authorities.
CSC will use its position as Chicago's sports, business and civic development leader to promote the advantages ZUUUM Chicago offers CSC members and member prospects. CSC will place special emphasis on recruiting partners into the CITY Marketing Program from ZUUUM and CSC. Participants in the CITY Marketing Program will pay sponsorship fee for their participation in the program. As CSC members, sponsorship fees will be discounted to add value to CSC membership. CSC members will have "first look", "preferred rights", and a 3-year option in return for their early support of CSC and ZUUUM Chicago.
The ZUUUM Team
Based in Philadelphia, the ZUUUM team is planning for ZUUUM Chicago 2014.
- Steve Schiff, ZUUUM Events Partner - Steve built the successful Philadelphia Triathlon among other exciting participant events. Steve knows event production, promotion and knows how to execute & service partners starting with CSC all the way to Chicago municipality functions.
- Ryne Francis, ZUUUM Field Operations Manager - Ryne's enthusiasm and dedication make events happen as planned and flex to the unplanned. Ryne, an accomplished collegiate swimmer from years on the Virgina Tech swim team, understands the competitor's mindset. Leading the athlete-experience on-the-ground role, Ryne is the go-to person for member servicing in the field, mid-flight changes and last-minute requests. Ryne will manage local-to-Chicago ZUUUM managers.
- Fernando Migliassi, ZUUUM Cycling Content Partner - Fernando is a competitive cyclist and knows what excites cycling enthusiasts. Fernando knows what makes some cycling events great and some not so. Cycling content means getting the cyclist experience perfect and perfectly (i.e. simply) delivered. From the right training and racing 'need-to-knows' to getting time with high profile former pros, top coaches and industry VIPs, ZUUUM's content driven by Fernando make ZUUUM events a 'must attend'.
- Hunter Allen, ZUUUM Cycling Science Partner - Hunter is among the elite coaches that have spent the last 10-plus years measuring cyclist output using power meters. An accomplished author and globally sought lecturer on power in cycling, Hunter and his Peaks Coaching Group are behind the science behind ZUUUM's unique rating and ranking system.
- Dana Hoffer, ZUUUM General Partner - Dana offers years of creative business development experience along with financial development for the iconic Philadelphia International Cycling Championships. Dana will work with CSC to structure the ZUUUM - CSC relationship and work carefully to craft special partnerships and other sponsorships.
- Andrea Migliassi, ZUUUM Systems and Analytics - Andrea brings insights into what's happening and what's working for ZUUUM members. Andrea's years of operating experience in major corporations brings reliable processes and reporting to ZUUUM and CSC. The world is now a data world and Andrea will drive data for ZUUUM and CSC.
Step 1 - June / July 2013
Meetings - Letter of Intent
- CSC - ZUUUM Meetings
- Structuring "What Makes Sense"
- Letter of Intent
- Proposals by ZUUUM to Chicago Leaders (e.g. BMO/Harris)
- Initial Draft of Relationship Agreement
Step 2 - July / October 2013
Meeting and Proposing to Sponsors
- Identification of 4 to 8 Top Level Sponsors, Proposals
- Initial Conversations and Fact Finding
- Positional Permitting to Secure ZUUUM Chicago Event Locations for 2014
- Second Draft of Relationship Agreement
Step 3 - October / December 2013
On-boarding Partners, Closing Relationship Agreement
- ZUUUM and CSC Execute Relationship Agreement
- Sponsors Commit to Proposals
- Sponsors "On-boarded"
ZUUUM is great recreational fun on two wheels. It is riding better. It is riding to compete, contend and have a great day cycling. In addition to informative and helpful ZUUUM Rider Ratings and Ranking reports, ZUUUM will bring former pros, top coaches and cycling insiders to the Chicago area to deepen the ZUUUM member experience.
ZUUUM Races and Rides
ZUUUM Chicago will be great in-town one-mile circuit recreational racing. The upper brackets will race 50 minutes on the circuit. Middle and entry brackets will race 35 and 20 minutes respectively. ZUUUM Chicago can also include longer road course rides in the Chicago region of 15 to 75 miles, depending on the bracket.
As and when it makes sense, ZUUUM Chicago can offer a weekend of beautiful 'challenge' riding over challenging terrain with former pros and top coaches during a 'bye' weekend in the summer racing schedule.
Please contact us to discuss how ZUUUM Chicago can be further tailored to accomplish CSC goals and objectives.